It’s Time to update the blog again! So it’s been a while since I updated it and a lot has happened since last update.
At work, we launched our website and business has been doing really well for the first week (viagogo.co.uk). It’s a big accomplishment for us because we have been working to get it up and running for months now and it’s finally live. We went to see the British Auto Show in London a couple a weeks ago (hence the above pictures). There were some really cool looking cars being shown off and all of the big brands had cool exhibits.
We went to see the “Proms” a couple of weekends ago; it’s basically an orchestra that plays really good classical music in this really fancy hall. The music was great except for that one atonal piece (atonal music by my definition does not adhere to traditional musical qualities such as melody or harmony.)
I just had a birthday this past week. I am officially 27. It’s not too bad, I still feel young (27 is still mid twenties) and yet at the same time feel wiser and more mature. I kind of missed seeing family and doing the cake thing, but overall I think it was a positive thing.
Sarah and I found out that we need to move to a different flat sometime in the near future. Basically, the company that owns the building we live in is telling its tenants they will have to move out because they plan on refurbishing the property. We are not sure when this will officially happen (sounds like some time after September), but I would rather start looking sooner and not have to scramble at the last second. We are currently in the process of looking around and have already visited a few places.
Another update; we have officially made plans to visit New England this Thanksgiving. Which means we will get to catch up with friends and family in November (which is pretty cool).
In general, things are going good for us over here. Work is exciting; I am still learning new things about this culture all the time. Sarah and I are making friends. A couple of weeks ago had a lunch picnic thing with a bunch of really nice South Africans (it was our friend Michelle’s birthday) and just yesterday we had another lunch/picnic with a bunch of friends from church. Someone brought a mini American football (i.e. real football) and we ended up tossing it around. Long story short, I ended up playing catch with a Kiwi (Nick), a South African (Andrew), and a Brit (Dan). Very multi cultural and very fun.
I think that is all for now. Don’t forget to leave a comment. Also, a few of you have requested particular pictures (i.e. pictures of where we live, or pictures of us walking across Abbey road); I just wanted to say we haven’t gotten to those yet, but plan to.
~Corey
At work, we launched our website and business has been doing really well for the first week (viagogo.co.uk). It’s a big accomplishment for us because we have been working to get it up and running for months now and it’s finally live. We went to see the British Auto Show in London a couple a weeks ago (hence the above pictures). There were some really cool looking cars being shown off and all of the big brands had cool exhibits.
We went to see the “Proms” a couple of weekends ago; it’s basically an orchestra that plays really good classical music in this really fancy hall. The music was great except for that one atonal piece (atonal music by my definition does not adhere to traditional musical qualities such as melody or harmony.)
I just had a birthday this past week. I am officially 27. It’s not too bad, I still feel young (27 is still mid twenties) and yet at the same time feel wiser and more mature. I kind of missed seeing family and doing the cake thing, but overall I think it was a positive thing.
Sarah and I found out that we need to move to a different flat sometime in the near future. Basically, the company that owns the building we live in is telling its tenants they will have to move out because they plan on refurbishing the property. We are not sure when this will officially happen (sounds like some time after September), but I would rather start looking sooner and not have to scramble at the last second. We are currently in the process of looking around and have already visited a few places.
Another update; we have officially made plans to visit New England this Thanksgiving. Which means we will get to catch up with friends and family in November (which is pretty cool).
In general, things are going good for us over here. Work is exciting; I am still learning new things about this culture all the time. Sarah and I are making friends. A couple of weeks ago had a lunch picnic thing with a bunch of really nice South Africans (it was our friend Michelle’s birthday) and just yesterday we had another lunch/picnic with a bunch of friends from church. Someone brought a mini American football (i.e. real football) and we ended up tossing it around. Long story short, I ended up playing catch with a Kiwi (Nick), a South African (Andrew), and a Brit (Dan). Very multi cultural and very fun.
I think that is all for now. Don’t forget to leave a comment. Also, a few of you have requested particular pictures (i.e. pictures of where we live, or pictures of us walking across Abbey road); I just wanted to say we haven’t gotten to those yet, but plan to.
~Corey

3 Comments:
Whats a kiwi, besides a small tart fruit?
By
Anonymous, at 2:57 PM
A person from New Zealand. More proof that if you tune into our blog, you become more internationally sophisticated :-)
By
Sarah and Corey, at 3:21 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the update. I'll be home for Thanksgiving too, maybe we can meet up. (Julie knows, but the kids don't)
Happy belated birthday Corey. I didn't forget ya.
Ray
By
Anonymous, at 1:45 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home