Corey and Sarah's UK Bloggin Adventure

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Weekend
Hey everyone, this is Corey with an update. Things have been going pretty well for us. Last weekend we didn’t really do anything, just relaxed and recuperated from France. This past Saturday Sarah and I went to Oxford Circus, which is a really really busy street with stores and shops as far as the eye can see. It was really mobbed (I hear it’s the worst on the weekends). It kind of reminded me of Newbury St. in Boston.

Later that evening we went to the London Eye, which is a giant Ferris wheel thing that has glass pods that people go into and see almost all of London. (Here is a link that explains it better http://www.londoneye.com/). It was pretty cool, we waited over an hour in line, but it was worth it. I took a bunch of pictures but they did not come out so well because it was getting dark, it was raining, and the “Eye” was continually moving.

The Weather

I also wanted to give a little update on the weather here. It has been getting up to 45 to 50 degrees (Fahrenheit) during the day. It has been like April for the last couple of weeks. And it really hasn’t rained as much as I was told it would. I think it only really rained a couple of times during our stay here.

The Wheels

I also thought it would be moderately important to make another update which I believe was overlooked in previous updates by Sarah (who doesn’t care about this stuff.) While staying here I have seen the coolest sports cars. On my street there is at least 3 or 4 Porsches parked on the side of the road along with a few BMW’s (mostly Z4’s) and a few Mercedes. I have seen Corvettes, Ferraris, Aston Martins, you name it. I even saw a handful of Lotus’. The Europeans over here have good taste in sports cars.

The Work

It’s been fine. I usually walk to work (which takes like 25 minutes) unless I am feeling unmotivated (or I am running late), in which case I take a bus. Work is literally just down the street. Overall, I am pretty happy with my job. I really like the work I do. It is stimulating and I have been learning a lot. Especially from the 2 British guys I work with (they have been teaching me the culture, i.e. the big soccer league is called the premiership and the British way to say aluminum is similar to the way we say condominium.) (Don’t think about that too hard.) There are others, too, but I will spare you the details.

In summary, Sarah and I are doing fine, and are looking forward to coming back to the US in March (March 1 – 7). Hope you all are doing well. ~Corey

4 Comments:

  • Love the pictures!!!
    When I was in Italy I also took pictures of the cars, they were so small, I wondered how people fit in them!
    It is funny about the language, when I worked with someone from London he had many sayings that I had to learn what he was really saying! English yes, but I still couldn't understand.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM  

  • Hey Burto, for the record I did see one WRX.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:09 PM  

  • Excellent update. When I was planning on going to London for school I was going to go to Thames Valley Univserity in Ealing -- is that close to the Thames river walk thing? I'm not a huge fan of sports cars but keep up the photos and keep up the updates, it's very interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

  • Man This is the LONGEST vaca. Ever!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home